ODYO HEARING CARE INC.
ODYO HEARING CARE INC. (hereinafter “we”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Email address, mailing address and sometimes (depending on the service used) financial information such as credit card information or bank account information, as well as any other information that you provide through our website www.odyo.ca, www.odyo.quebec and www.odyo.com (hereinafter “our website”);
- If you contact us, we could save and preserve this correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys used for research purposes, although you do not have to answer. Your answers to these surveys can be linked to your account and can be saved in our files;
- Shipping information, billing and other information you provide to purchase a product on our website;
- Other information from the use of our site, services, content , including without limitation , traffic data , location data , blogs, and other communication data and resources available to you , that this is necessary for billing purposes or otherwise.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect other information, including information about your computer and your connection, the page display statistics on incoming and outgoing traffic sites, ad data, IP address, operating system and type of browser in order to provide system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about the actions and behavior of our users and their browsing habits. The goal is not to identify a particular individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve our site and provide better service. They enable us:
- Analyze the traffic on our website, customize our services, content and advertising, measure promotional effectiveness and estimate the size of our audience and their use;
- Store information about your preferences, and allow us to customize our site according to your personal interests and needs;
- Accelerate your search on our website;
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are responsible for keeping the password, which you were issued or that you have chosen, and allows you to access certain features of our website, confidential. You should not share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Upon receipt of your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
USES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Our collection of personal information aims to offer you a unique, satisfactory, safe and effective personalized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Ensure that content on your website is presented to you in the most effective way;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request or those we think may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- Meet our obligations arising from orders concluded through our website;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features that we offer, when you choose to do so;
- Inform you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data or allow third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you. We or these third parties may contact you about these products and services by mail or by telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) for goods and services similar to those you have requested or ordered on our website. We may also contact you by telephone to provide after-sales services.
You understand your mobile service provider may apply charges to SMS messages we send. Therefore, you hereby warrant that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device you use to subscribe to the SMS service, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges. To use the SMS service, you must be 18 years or older, or be otherwise authorized to accept the charges applicable on your invoice, and you must live in Canada. Your mobile operator and/or other service providers may also collect data regarding the use of your wireless device, and their practices are governed by their own privacy policies.
If you are a new customer, and when we allow a third party to use your data, we or the third party, will contact you by electronic means only, with your permission.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we can provide general information about our users (for example, we may inform our advertisers that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertising on a given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women living in a defined area) . We could make use of your personal information to allow us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to a targeted audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements or enforce our laws. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, namely our subsidiaries, our holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the seller or potential purchaser of the said business or assets;
- If ODYO Hearing Care INC. or substantial part of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of ODYO Hearing Care INC., its customers, etc… This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations to prevent fraud;
- These third parties will be limited in the use of your personal information by the services they provide.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing or other purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use them for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to third parties for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing or transfer at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer of privacy by going to the “Contact Us” section.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c. 5 (the”Act”), gives you the right to access your information. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the ACT. Any access request may be subject to a minimum payment to cover the costs to provide details of the information we hold about you.
Effective date: April 20th 2015